Variant Delta : Madagascar remains vigilant
It is already present in some nearby islands. Variant Delta : Madagascar remains vigilant.
It fuels a new wave of the coronavirus outbreak, in Africa and Europe. Madagascar strengthens its surveillance.
The Ministry of Public Health is on guard in the face of the spread of the Delta variant of Covid-19 around the world. Professor Hanitrala Jean Louis Rakotovao, Minister of Public Health said, yesterday, that his department closely monitors the evolution of this strain which is transmitted, easily. "Strategies are already in place. It is true that the figures on new cases are decreasing. But we must always be ready", he launches in his speech, at the raising of the flag in Ambohidahy.
Strengthening border surveillance is part of the measures taken by the Ministry of Public Health. "All accesses to Madagascar are closely monitored, whether in Mahajanga, in Toamasina or Antananarivo. All people who cross our borders are subjected to a PCR test. In case there are positive cases, we proceed to sequencing to detect the variant", points out a source of the Express of Madagascar to the ministry.
This source states that, for now, Madagascar has no suspected cases of delta variant carriers. There would be no, Furthermore, no indication for sequencing.
This variant is no longer far from Madagascar
If the Delta strain is not yet present in Madagascar, it circulates in one hundred countries, of which sixteen in Africa, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). This variant is no longer far from Madagascar. Nearly thirty cases have been reported in Réunion. Mauritius has recorded three cases of the Delta variant, and this variant is already circulating in the Seychelles.
WHO issues the alarm. The Delta variant may be at the origin of a new wave of the epidemic. A wave that is likely to be more contagious, if we refer to the case of India, the origin of this strain.
"The speed of contamination and the scale of the third wave affecting Africa are nothing like what we have experienced so far. The rampant spread of more contagious variants is significantly changing the nature of the threat to Africa.", said Dr Matshidiso Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa, compared to the evolution of the epidemic in some African countries. "So we need to act, right now, to strengthen preventive measures and prevent an emergency from turning into a tragedy", She added.
Variant Delta : Madagascar remains vigilant.
And international borders ?
Madagascar studies, currently, the reopening of its borders. The sky of Madagascar has been closed, since March, following the arrival of the South African variant on the territory.
With a more dangerous variant spreading to nearby islands, in Africa and Europe, Will Madagascar allow itself to be tempted to reopen its borders? ?
The authorities will give us answers next Sunday.
(Source : The Madagascar Express)
Reminder, we're both :
- One Hotel★★★ with 18 spacious comfortable rooms,
- One gourmet restaurant with a beautiful wine cellar, whiskies, rums and champagnes with a capacity of 60 Covered, offering Malagasy cuisine, French, Lebanese and seafood specialties,
- Un bar piscine with cocktails, "tsakitsaky", pancakes and waffles available at all hours,
- One organizer of events and conferences with 3 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 90 people. In addition, we can receive themed lunch/dinner, engagement, wedding, anniversary, … Even a bachelorette party, or a marriage proposal, …
- A travel and tourism services company (License C),
- One tour operator (B license),
- A 4×4 rental company and quads (all geo-located with valid liability insurance) and with graduate drivers guide. They can insure your transfers to all Madagascar. For example, from Antananarivo airport to Majunga, but also from Nosy Be to Majunga.