POSTPONEMENT OF THE RESUMPTION OF FLIGHTS
POSTPONEMENT OF THE RESUMPTION OF FLIGHTS
Madagascar : Postponement of the resumption of scheduled commercial flights.
Flight suspensions until 31 October
The Malagasy government had announced the likelihood of the borders reopening in October. But there was no no official communication on the terms and conditions of opening gradual and partial border.
Therefore, after Ethiopian Airlines, Air Austral also announces the extension of the suspension of its scheduled commercial flights to Madagascar (Ivato and Nosy Be) until the 31 October.
By limiting the cancellation of its scheduled flights to the first half of October, Air France maintains its special so-called repatriation flights twice a week. And it is considering new schedules and a third frequency when regular commercial flights resume., still expected for the second half of October.
For the moment, access remains free in the TNR-CDG direction (to Paris) and subject to the agreement of the authorities of Madagascar for each passenger in the CDG-TNR direction (from Paris to Ivato). People who wish to travel must contact the Air France agency. (020 23 230 23, tour Zital – Ankorndrano – Antananarivo).
For Reunion, two or three special repatriation flights to Reunion are organized each month on specific authorization. They are chartered by BCD Travel, Zone Zital Ankorndrano : email@example.com – 034 02 44 662 / 032 11 430 79 / 034 23 296 97. (Source : Jean-Herve Fraslin)
Faced with the worsening situation, the union of employees of the national airline Air Madagascar is sounding the alarm.
The union delegate for executives within Air Madagascar, Alain r, claimed that the Air Madagascar company cannot currently operate any external flight even if the State is reopening the borders from next month.
" That is, we are obliged to rent planes or work in partnership with other foreign companies to be able to carry out long-haul flights”.
Indeed, “the company risks not being able to take off again if the State does not take any emergency measures in the short term. Especially in terms of managing its fleet while waiting for the implementation of the new business plan.. A business plan whose content we do not know. Fleets remain grounded at Ivato airport. (Two Airbus A 340 intended for long-haul flights as well as three Twin-otters and four ATRs used for domestic flights). We are therefore asking for financial support from the State.. This will be used to finance the repair and maintenance costs of these planes to be able to operate Air Madagascar. There are only two operational ATR aircraft left which provide the domestic network, and this, on two different lines. (Source : Midi Madagascar)
The Ministry of Transport reassures
We are talking about the postponement of the resumption of flights. But on his side, the Minister of Transport, Tinoka Roberto announced that the State is ready for the reopening of the borders of Madagascar. “An inter-ministerial committee responsible for the effective implementation of health protocols according to the required standards will soon be set up.. In the same stride, Madagascar's files have already been submitted to ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization, to do this., He spoke of.
Anyway, coco Lodge Majunga, we are already ready for the relaunch. We continue to ensure the safety of our customers and our team.
We are both :
- One hôtel★★★ with 18 spacious comfortable rooms,
- One gourmet restaurant with a beautiful wine cellar, whiskies, rums and champagnes with a capacity of 60 Covered, offering Malagasy cuisine, French, Lebanese, pizzas and seafood specialties,
- Un bar piscine with cocktails, "tsakitsaky", pancakes and waffles available at all hours,
- One organizer of events and conferences with 3 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 90 people. In addition, we can receive themed lunch/dinner, engagement, wedding, anniversary, … Even a bachelor/bachelorette party, or a marriage proposal, …
- A travel and tourism services company (License C),
- One tour operator (B license),
- A 4×4 rental company and quads (all geo-located with valid liability insurance) and with graduate drivers guide. We can insure your transfers in all Madagascar. For example from Antananarivo airport to Majunga, from Nosy Be to Majunga, even between Antsiranana and Majunga.