Covid-19 in Madagascar : Declining positivity rate
Covid-19 in Madagascar : Declining positivity rate. Depuis le 28 April, statistics on the status of coronavirus disease seem encouraging. However, they do not report the carriers of the virus.
The latest figures on the evolution of coronavirus are encouraging. The number of new contaminations, people on treatment and the rate of positivity are decreasing, according to the epidemiological assessment at the date of the 28 April.
The rate of positivity decreases 10% against 20 to 40%, for several weeks. We've detected 186 new cases on 1860 Tests. This decrease in the rate of positivity means that people infected in the community are decreasing.
5040 people are in treatment, against nearly 7000, a few days ago. 904 carriers of the virus are declared cured.
This downward trend is noted, for a few days. The numbers for new cases have gone from 800 to 500, then less than 200 Case, currently.
"The recent steps taken, like total containment over the weekend, the suspension of weekly markets, the ban on gatherings, have helped to limit the spread of the virus, on the one hand. On the other hand, the majority of people infected are no longer screened. They start treatment right away"", explains a public health expert.
(Source : The Madagascar Express)
Vaccines are coming soon
“The Malagasy State is in no way against vaccination. We must carefully choose the vaccines adapted to the VARIANT of COVID-19 that is rampant in Madagascar “, said President Andry Rajoelina.
At the #8217 meeting with members of the #8217 National Academy of Medicine of Madagascar (ANAMEM) This 19 April, and in view of the #8217 cases at the national and global level, several vaccines have been selected to combat the spread of the pandemic in Madagascar.
On the proposal of the Academy of Medicine, Madagascar chose OVISHIELD vaccines, Pfizer, SINOPHARM and Jonhson&johnson.
However, the #8217 use of vaccines should be tailored to each case and region affected. On the other hand, priority during the vaccination campaign will be given to health workers as well as the elderly.
The Malagasy State #8217 makes every effort to dispose of vaccines, measures have been deployed to acquire them as soon as possible.. Madagascar is already registered for the COVAX initiative #8217, but the #8217 State is also looking at #8217 other ways to get vaccines to the vaccines as quickly as possible..
The first doses of Covid-19 vaccine will be received in a fortnight, said the Minister of Public Health, Professor Jean Louis Rakotovao, the 22 April 2021. "The vaccines that the Malagasy government has ordered, will arrive in Madagascar 15 days, as was discussed with partners last week".
Take good care of yourself and yours.
At Coco Lodge Majunga, we prioritize the health and safety of all. And we remain open, available to our customers.
Reminder, we're all at once :
- A very nice Hotel★★★ with 18 spacious comfortable rooms,
- One gourmet restaurant with a beautiful wine cellar, whiskies, rums and champagnes, offering Malagasy cuisine, French, Lebanese and seafood specialties,
- Un bar piscine with cocktails, "tsakitsaky", pancakes and waffles available at all hours,
- One organizer of events and conferences with 3 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 90 people. We can receive themed lunch/dinner, engagement, wedding, anniversary, boy-girl stag, marriage proposal, …
- A travel and tourism services company (License C),
- One tour operator (B license),
- A 4×4 rental company and quads (all geo-located with valid liability insurance) and with graduate drivers guide. They can provide all your transfers, for example from Antananarivo airport to Majunga, but also from Nosy Be to Majunga.