Air Austral undergoing restructuring
Air Austral under restructuring
The Covid crisis has largely put airlines around the world in difficulty.. Some have even disappeared. Air Austral is an airline that is ultimately rather resilient and which, over time, goes through the trials. Air Austral is in restructuring. The Indian Ocean company is therefore beginning its restructuring with courage.
Airlines in difficulty
Airlines have not yet absorbed the consequences of the health crisis and must already prepare for the next one., that of the rise in fuel prices. The latter will have an impact on operating costs..
One thing is certain : the future is uncertain. Our companies will have to reinvent their ways of working to adapt to contexts and remain efficient according to the France Mayotte morning newspaper..
The reality is very complex and includes other economic factors, social and geopolitical. It is part of a profoundly changing economic context. : loss of turnover due to airport closures.
Flights to Madagascar with Air Austral
The Malagasy authorities communicated the conditions for travel to Madagascar on 05 Last March.
Air Austral is one of the airlines authorized to transport passengers to and from Madagascar.
Madagascar can welcome Air Austral from this month of March for journeys Reunion-Antananarivo and Reunion-Toamasina with two weekly frequencies.
Rules and conditions to enter Madagascar
According to the press release from 05 March 2022, the rules and conditions for traveling to Madagascar remain unchanged :
- Presentation of the negative result of a PCR test carried out 72 hours before boarding,
- Presentation of a reservation certificate for two (02) nights from an approved hotel and payment of at least one night,
- Carrying out a PCR test on arrival in Madagascar,
- Compulsory confinement until the PCR test result is obtained,
Waiting for Majunga direct
Majunga tourism operators met on 07 March faced with the announcement of the reopening of Madagascar's borders : « We were ignored once again, no decision has been taken for the town of Majunga ».
« We have been confined for two years between a closed airport and an increasingly damaged road from Tana » they say.
Also, Majunga tourist operators demand the opening of regional flights to and from Mayotte : « Save Majunga – Open Mayotte » these are their demands.
Businesses demand a “real” reopening of borders
The CTM, GEM and FIVMPAMA also held a press conference on 09 March 2022.
To save the tourist season 2022, they ask for it lifting of restrictive measures for the opening of borders and especially quarantine, and that all airlines can return.
Thus, the private sector urges the government to take into consideration 4 following points :
- The opening of Madagascar to all airlines,
- The reopening of all international airports in Madagascar, including Mahajanga,
- Lifting the PCR test on arrival and compulsory confinement until the result,
- The urgent renovation of roads including the RN4 which serves Antananarivo to Mahajanga
Reminder, we're both :
- One hôtel★★★ with 18 spacious comfortable rooms,
- One gourmet restaurant with a beautiful wine cellar, whiskies, rums and champagnes with a capacity of 60 Covered, offering Malagasy cuisine, French, Lebanese, pizzas and seafood specialties,
- Un bar piscine with cocktails, "tsakitsaky", pancakes and waffles available at all hours,
- One organizer of events and conferences with 3 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 90 people. In addition, we can receive themed lunch/dinner, engagement, wedding, anniversary, … Even a bachelor/bachelorette party, or a marriage proposal, …
- A travel and tourism services company (License C),
- One tour operator (B license),
- A 4×4 rental company and quads (with valid liability insurance) and with graduate drivers guide. We can insure your transfers in all Madagascar. For example from Antananarivo airport to Majunga, from Nosy Be to Majunga, even between Antsiranana and Majunga.